Tuesday, February 4, 2014

EUROVISION 2014: Three hosts for Copenhagen!

Today Denmarks broadcaster DR announced the hosts for this years Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen for the two Semi-Finals on 6th and 8th of May and the grand final on 10th of May.

Lise Rønne, Nikolaj Koppel and Pilou Asbæk 

Watch the warm up from Executive producer, Pernille Gaardbo, and head of the show, Jan Lagermand Lundme, on the 'Melodi Grand Prix' youtube channel:



Nikolaj Koppel and Lise Rønne are both hosts employed by DR. They bring significant experience from large TV-productions in prime time, and can draw on their background from many other hosting roles. Despite this, they both agree that the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest is in a league of its own.

Nikolaj Koppel says: "You can't really compare being the host of the Eurovision Song Contest with much else. It is a task in a league of its own. I will do my utmost to reach out to every corner of Europe and the world, so everyone can enjoy and feel welcome at the 2014 Eurovision Song Contest."

Lise Rønne continues: "This is something of a dream job for me – I am both excited and a little daunted by the task ahead, but I can't wait to get started. I see my role as trying to create a sense of calm and closeness in the middle of a giant show. When all that is said, I am looking forward to welcoming everyone to the party!"

Pilou Asbæk said: "When I was offered the job as host, I didn't have any doubts whatsoever. I just had to do this. When I think about what lies ahead, I must admit that I am a little nervous – but I will do everything in my power to become a great host for the Eurovision Song Contest. I am sure that this will be a fantastic experience - and a party that everyone is invited to join!"

Source: 


No comments:

Post a Comment