Monday, February 16, 2015

Moldova: Exclusive! Interview with Dana Markitan "I love the sea and sounds of nature"


Dana Markitan is one of the participants for the second Semi-Final from 'O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015' in Moldova on 26th of February 2015 with the song called 'Love Me'. 



We had the chance to talk to Dana Markitan some days ago about her participation in the Moldovan competition. Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say...


Hello Dana, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the National Selection ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa’ with your song ‘Love Me’. 

How does it feel to be part of ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’ with the song ‘Love Me’? 
Dana: Thank you for your support. I feel peaceful, even I would say calm. If I am not at the first participation at Eurovision, already know what is required and moral I'm pretty confident that I want to be up to end the contest. The song "Love Me" - I love it and it gives me wings. I wish to send to all the excitement of this song and the situation that is encountered in the lives of people who really love and care for a loved person.
Who had the idea that you could participate with ‘Love Me’? 
Dana: From the beginning I had several pieces in the offer. I had the contest two songs: one in Romanian language and this .I chose from 4 songs.  3 of abroad and one from Moldova. During the year I listened more than 10 songs for Eurovision proposals from different countries. The internet has made the connection between me and these people. And not for the first time the system reach me songs and It's very good. :-)
                                   
Can you tell us something about the story behind ‘Love Me’?
Dana: Behind this song lies a mystery for me. Because when I heard this song, I thought that the composer is a lonely person ... but when I was introduced to lyricist - Madelene Hamberg and Patrik Ohlund - song composer, I found out that they are a couple. I was deeply, but pleasantly surprised. But songs’s history I am going to find. The idea is that the topic is one deep and fairly known as sentiment.

You submitted two songs for the national selection and you were chosen with ‘Love Me’. The other song was ‘In Ochii Tai’ – are you happy with the decision? 
Dana: I associate all my songs with babies which you love in the same measure. When you sing, you do it from the deep of your soul. I couldn't say that I'm not fond of Marian Stârcea and Tatiana Stradnic's song "În ochii tăi", but that was the jury's decision and I didn't dispute it. When about a song contest, we are appreciated by others and all we think about art is less or more subjective.

Can you tell us something about the beginning career? 
Dana: The begginign of my career ...hm...I'd rather not tell about the 1995, when I first participated in song contests in small towns as Ungheni - where I am from, but about something more serious. It's about first Moldovian creating stars project "Moldstar" where I participated in 2005. All started here at a country level contest. The rest of the interview could be about these 10 years of as named "Moldovian showbiz" ad 2 years which I spent in Russia.

What are you expecting in the Moldovan national selection ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’, are you excited?
Dana: I'm expecting good sound, light, stage, organization and I would like very much that the people's votes were limitated for more objective results. Enthusiasm? Rather concrete steps and good mood.

Are you a Eurovision fan? 
Dana: Of course. Well, I'm not a fanatical one, but I'm one who watches the contest every year. :-)

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite song in Moldovan ESC history?
Dana: Zdob si Zdub “Bunica bate toba” 


What is your first Eurovision memory?
Dana: The victory of Dana International motivated me to defend my desire to try this competition. I was young and did not know about Eurovision, but after I found out, I watched - I wanted and I want to get there, in the European scene.

Which kind of music do you hear in private?
Dana: Chillout and jazz. I like music that touches my heart strings in different genres. I can find in my city some songs that I like. I love the sea and sounds of nature.

Can you tell us something about who is Dana in private?
Dana: In particular - I am a lucky and happy person .) I have life, youth, loved ones and close soul friends are an inborn optimism and a nature that loves to work and see the fruits of development, movement and broadening horizons continue. I am the person who thoughtfully and reflect on life, its meaning. I live full and for that I propose, and implement.
What makes you happy?
Dana: It makes me happy every day when I open my eyes and the first thing to do - is smile and say thank you that I live. Makes me happy: a sing of a bird, a trip, a child smile, smile and laugh my child. The fact that I have a voice to sing, that I chose to be in all professions which we tried - nine in number, namely music. Many, many beautiful things and give strong natural make me happy every day.

What makes a day  for you perfect?
Dana: I do not think people or days can be perfect , even though we have very beautiful days, sometimes even the story, and people perfectionists. Life is in continuous motion as a river and exchangers. But ... as a day to be very successful, it would be better to be full of events and emotions, occupations are what I like and of course the interesting people and new things. If two of them are - already good. Sometimes even when extraordinary days and you can afford the luxury of walking, doing nothing and enjoy the fun. All yea everything is relative.
What are your plans for 2015 beside ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’?
Dana:  Beside the Eurovision, I lready scheduled more events in Moldova and Romania, I work with a band repertoire here, prepare a duet with fellow-singers from us, and everything that comes decide to accept and refusal, because I and my conductor and orchestra are. This summer marks the 10 years of professional stage. I want to travel the world and to combine knowledge with singing. The rest will be - let the will of God. And of course I do not sit without work.
What was the most excited moment in your life? 
Dana: It's a little complicated ... to answer, but I think my son's birth. Namely morning when he was born. Something I have not met wonderful. And every time awareness and happiness inside me moment when the dream becomes reality. One of the most exciting things were all horror that I had in the scene, when we interact with the world soul in the hall, and that a clear sense. That actually is and makes us want to be performers to the stage again. And what would we be without the love people? For her live and create.

What are your wishes for the future? 
Dana: I want to be world peace and friendship. I want people to be better and more open and more acctioneze heart. For the future I would like to reverse the technologies of something big and bright for all mankind and the new generation. And I always want to sing and be ever so happy that at least I am now.
Why should the audience from Moldova vote for your song to represent Moldova at Eurovision 2015? 
Dana: The public does not owe anything to me or play me. If we touch - me and my team some heart strings or parts of the soul, if someone will do something really feel, or crying, or have chills, then, only then, you can vote. Moreover, better spend the money on something else. For beautiful eyes, please do not do it, because Europe has seen exterior beauty and makeup, hair or beard or elongation, are many. Do not believe in this - believe in value. 

Do you have a message for ‘Join Us on Eurovision’ readers and your fans? 
Dana: I want to tell you that I want your soul to be free to dream, to act and to achieve what you want in the depths. Know that fear - is a myth. And as in all you do, know that God will not look up but inside you. So true life start with yourself and your knowledge. Be happy and believe in child within you. In everything that is beautiful, in kindness and love. Whether your mirror to show that you are wonderful people and great people.
Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’ and maybe we see us in Vienna! 


Find out more about Dana Markitan and follow her:


No comments:

Post a Comment