Monday, February 23, 2015

Moldova: Exclusive! Interview with Serj Kuzenkoff "My song 'Danu Năzdrăvanu' is about a Moldovian Casanova, every girl in the world likes him and wants to be with him"


Serj Kuzenkoff is one of the participants for the first Semi-Final from 'O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015' in Moldova on 24th of February 2015 with the song called 'Danu Năzdrăvanu'. 


We had the chance to talk to Serj Kuzenkoff some days ago about his participation in the Moldovan competition. Read our interview with him below to find out what he had to say...


Hello Serj, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the National Selection ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’ on 24th of February 2015.  

How does it feel to be part of ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’  with the song ‘Danu Năzdrăvanu’? 
Serj: Thank you! It feels great :-) I realize that my song has good chances at the national selection and I will do my best to have a great show :-)

If people outside Moldova never heared about you, what should they know? Could you introduce yourself a bit?
Serj: Well, my name is Serj Kuzenkoff and I am a professional singer :-) I have studied at national Conservatoire (Academy of Music). In 2005 I won the  moldavian ‘’Moldstar’’ ( it was something like Star Academy). Since then my musical career began. 

Who had the idea that you could participate in the Moldovan national selection? 
Serj: It was my idea. I thought that the song I participate with will be interesting for European people :-)

Who decided ‘Danu Năzdrăvanu’ for ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’?
Serj: It was the same my idea! I trust in "Danu Năzdrăvanu" By the way, the song is about a Moldovian Casanova, every girl in the world likes him and wants to be with him!

Can you tell us something about the story behind ‘Danu Năzdrăvanu’?
Serj: Sure! I wanted to do something different! The song is a funky stile but it is made with some Moldovian folk instruments like tambal and folk trumpet. I worked at the song with Veceslav Daniliuk the composer of "Hora din Moldova", the song that represented Moldova at Eurovision some years ago. It will be a great show because I am working with Lilian Caraus and Svetlana Gluhova. They worked with Pasha Parfenii who represented Moldova before and Cristina Scarlat who sang at Eurovision last year :-) So, I am sure it will be awesome :-)

Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career? 
Serj: It began while I was studying at the Conservatoire. I started to sing in disco clubs beautiful songs such as from the repertoire of Elvis Presley, Tom Jones and many others. After that it was ‘’Moldstar” which I told you about and since then my professional career began. Nowadays my songs are on radio, I am participating at a lot of concerts in Moldova and Romania.

What are you expecting in the first Semi-Final ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’ on 24th of February 2015, are you excited?
Serj: I am expecting to go to the final :-)

Are you a Eurovision fan? 
Serj: of course! I think every professional singer should be a Eurovision fan!

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite from in Moldovan history?
Serj: There are a lot of beautiful songs in Eurovision! It is hard to me chose one :-)

What is your first Eurovision memory?
Serj: It was in the year 2005 when Moldova participated fort he first time. 
Which kind of music do you hear in private?
Serj: I listen to all kind of music. You never know what will inspire you.

Who Serj in private?
Serj: A person who is taking pleasure of all that surrounds him.

What are your plans for 2015 beside ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’?
Serj: Beautiful songs and beautiful people to sing for :-)

What was the most excited moment in your life? 
Serj: all my life is an excited moment

What are your wishes for the future? 
Serj: I want to be happy with all that I am doing many years after.

Why should the audience from Moldova vote for your song to represent Moldova at Eurovision 2015? 
Serj: Because I am singing about Moldovian people, culture and traditions and European people should hear about them too.

Do you have a message for ‘Join Us on Eurovision’ readers and your fans? 
Serj: I want "Danu Năzdrăvanu" to go straight in your hearts! Then, vote with your hearts! :-)

Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in ‘O Melodie Pentru Europa 2015’ and maybe we see us in Vienna!  

Find out more about Serj Kuzenkoff and follow him:




No comments:

Post a Comment