Thursday, March 5, 2015

Australia: SBS confirmed Guy Sebastian for Vienna!


SBS, Australlian broadcaster, announced today the name of the act who will represent Australia for the very first time as official participating country at the Eurovision Song Contest 2015 in Vienna. It's Guy Sebastian! Guy is 33 years old and born in Malaysia.
“I'm pumped. I mean it's Eurovision. It's such a huge audience and such a huge production,” he told SBS. 
"To be representing Australia at Eurovision sounds a bit random, but we're a wildcard entry and I'm stoked to be chosen. The song that we end up choosing will definitely be something that I want to move people with. Whatever I do I want to make it cut through. So if I do a big up-temp (song) I want it to be super fun., Or if I do a ballad I want to try to make people cry" Guy continued. 
Read the full official announcement here: 
If you missed the announcement you can watch it here:



On 10th of February 2015 the EBU and SBS confirmed that Austrailia will be offical take part at the 60th Eurovision Song Contst this year in Vienna.


For Australia it is the first time as participant, but last year Jessica Mauboy were honored to be the interval act in one of the Semi-Finals with her song 'Sea of Flags', which was written especially for Eurovision.

The competing song from Guy Sebastian is not known yet and will be announced in the next weeks.

Here you can listen to his latest album called 'Madness':


Guy Sebastian won the Australian idols in 2003. Since that time he released eight album and sold more than 4,5 million units.


Find out more about Guy Sebastian and follow him here:

No comments:

Post a Comment