Friday, February 19, 2016

Estonia: Exclusive! Interview Gertu Pabbo "Estonian is a very beautiful language and I think Estonia should be represented in it's own language"

Gertu Pabbo is one of the contestants for the Estonian national selection "Eesti Laul 2016" with his song "Miljon korda". He will perform in the second Semi-Final of "Eesti Laul 2016" on 20th February 2016.

We talked to Gertu Pabbo some days ago about his participation in the Estonian national selection "Eesti Laul 2016". Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say...

Hello Gertu, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the Estonian national selection “Eesti Laul 2016”.

How does it feel to be part of the Estonian national selection “Eesti Laul 2016” with your song “Miljon korda”?
Gertu: It feels amazing and i'm very thankful for that opportunity. I'm going there just to get some experience and have fun. Of course, it would be amazing to represent Estonia at Eurovision but i'm just living day by day right now and we'll see what happens.

Who had the idea that you could participate in the Estonian national selection and who decided “Miljon korda”?
Gertu: Priit Pajusaar and Lii Scmidth are the autors of “Miljon korda”. They sent me the song and I really liked it, so we went to the studio and everything started there!

What is the message of “Miljon korda” and why did you decided to sing the song in Estonian language?
Gertu: Message of my song is that, when you want something really bad and work hard for it but sometimes things don't go as you would like them to go. But you just have to face these problems and move on with your life even stronger as you were at the beginning and work harder. After "Eesti Otsib Superstaari" I knew that I wanted to sing only in estonian and just like my first singel "Ei ma ootama jää", Eesti Laul had to be in Estonian too. I think it's a very beautiful language and i think Estonia should be represented in it's own language.

Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career?
Gertu: Like most of us, I began my musical journey by singing choir back in my  hometown of Tõrva. When i was 13 years old i decided that i want sing solo. When i was 18, i participanted in Estonian Idol. It was life changing for me for sure! I was in superfinal with Jüri Pootsmann. I didn't won, but after the idol, i met so many wonderful people and got to do my own music.

What are you expecting in the national selection “Eesti Laul 2016”, are you excited?
Gertu: Of course I'm excited! I don't expect anything, I'm going there just to get some experience and have fun.

How do you prepare yourself for the show?
Gertu: I don't have anything specific. I always do something that calms me down and focuses me for that show.

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite from Danish entries?
Gertu: My favorite Eurovision song by far is "Euphoria" by Loreen and Kuula by Ott Lepland.
What is your first Eurovision memory?
Gertu: I really don't know when I started watching Eurovision but I for sure know that I have been watching it a long time!

What are your plans for 2016 beside the Estonian national selection, are you working on a album?
Gertu: Right now we are working on a new single and i'm really excited about that!

If people outside Estonia never heared about you before – what should they know about you?
Gertu: I'm a girl from a very small town who wants to sing for the rest of her life! :)

Why should the Estonian audience vote for your song to represent Estonia at Eurovision 2016?
Gertu: Estonian language is very beautiful and I think Estonia should be represented in it's own language. :)

Do you have a message for “Join Us on Eurovision” readers and your fans?
Gertu: I wish everyone year full of music! :)

Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in the Estonian national selection and maybe we see us in Stockholm!

Support Gertu Pabbo and her music. Download her "Eesti Laul 2016" entry "Miljon korda" on iTunes or listen to it on Spotify:

For other possibilities check the stores in your country:


No comments:

Post a Comment