Thursday, March 3, 2016

Poland: Exclusive! Interview with Dorota Osińska "We are all people having the same needs, hopes and dreams"

Dorota Osińska is one of the contestants for the Polish national selection "Eurowizja 2016" with her song "Universal". She will perform in the national final of "Eurowizja 2016" on 5th March 2016.

We talked to Dorota some days ago about her participation in the Polish national selection  "Eurowizja 2016". Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say...

Hello Dorota, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the Polish national selection “Eurowizja 2016”.

How does it feel to be part of the national selection with your song "Universal"?
Dorota: Of course I feel honored. But at the same time I had a great privilege to have a song written by Rick Allison himself.

Who had the idea that you could participate in the Polish national selection and who decided "Universal"?
Dorota: It was a spontaneous decision made at the last minute. Currently we are working with Rick on a new album and when we heard about polish selections, Rick told me that he had a perfect song for that. When I heard it I knew that was IT.

What is the message of "Universal"?
Dorota: It’s something we all know but sometimes forget. We are all people having the same needs, hopes and dreams.

Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career?
Dorota: It has been a long and winding road, witch is only now beginning to lead in the right direction. 

(© J&R Stefanowicz Sara Studio)

Besides your music you are also actor in theatre, tell us something more about that..
Dorota: Well by strange circumstances I’ve been working in the theatre for years, but when you are 149cm tall it’s hard to play anything but: Thumbelina, Pinocchio and other similar roles. But at heart I’ve always been a singer.

What are you expecting in the national selection “Eurowizja 2016”, are you excited?
Dorota: As much excited as I am nervous :)

Are you a Eurovision fan?
Dorota: Of course I watch it every year.

Which are your favorite Eurovision  songs and what is your favorite from Polish history?
Dorota: In my opinion every year there are exceptional artist with great songs. And as far as Poland I think Edyta Górniak has been the best.
What is your first Eurovision memory?
Dorota: Of course when Poland entered the contest for the first time.

What are your plans for 2016 beside the Polish national selection, are you working on a album?
Dorota: As I said before we are making the album with Rick and for now it’s a priority.

What was the most excited moment in your life?
Dorota: When I first held  my newborn son in my arms :)

If people outside Poland never heared about you before – what should they know about you?
Dorota: They don’t have to know much about me, but it would be great if they listened to my songs.

Why should the Polish audience vote for your song to represent Poland at Eurovision 2016?
Dorota: I don’t know if they should, but I hope they will :)

Do you have a message for “Join Us on Eurovision” readers and your fans?
Dorota: I hope You will get to like me :)

Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in the Polish national selection and maybe we see us in Stockholm!
Dorota: Thanks to you as well and wish me luck! :-))

Support Dorota Osińska and her music. Listen to her song "Universal" on Spotify: 

For other possibilities check the stores in your country.

Find out more about Dorota Osińska and follow her:


No comments:

Post a Comment