Thursday, March 3, 2016

Poland: Exclusive! Interview with Napoli "I think my participation is a great possibility to become a part of the Polish Nation"

Napoli are one of the contestants for the Polish national selection "Eurowizja 2016" with their song "My Universe". They will perform in the national final of "Eurowizja 2016" on 5th March 2016.

We talked to Olga Shymanskaya from the project Napoli some days ago about her participation in the Polish national selection  "Eurowizja 2016". Read our interview with her below to find out what she had to say...
Hello Olga, first of all gratulations that you are one of the qualified participants for the Polish national selection “Eurowizja 2016”.  

How does it feel to be part of the national selection with your song “My Universe”?
Olga: I am very happy that I am one of the qualified participants for the Polish national selection "Eurowizja 2016". It is really incredible! I would like to say thank the jury for the appreciation of my songs!

Who had the idea that you could participate in the Polish national selection and who decided “My Universe”?
Olga: It was the idea of the Polish Eurovision fans. Because, to be honest, I was not going to apply to the Polish selection. I could not even think that I have fans in Poland. And fortunately, they were very persuasive guys. The same I can say about my song "My Universe".  Thank you for all of my fans!

What is the message of "My Universe"?
Olga: It is not a love song. It is not a song about a war, sorrow, trouble or so when we wrote our song we wanted to do a three-minute fairytale for people. "My Universe" is a song about kindness. The main character of my song is trying to share her inner world. She calls people to open their own universe .
Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career? 
Olga: I have been doing music since my childhood. I would say music is my life. I sang everywhere on kindergarten, at school, university. When I was sixteen I won the national karaoke championship doos. My professional career started in 2013 with the band of Napoli which then become my solo project. We started from scratch without a lot of money and useful links. We just wanted to sing for people. We have done a lot since that time. So here I am in Poland , thanks to my fans!

What are you expecting in the national selection “Eurowizja 2016”, are you excited?
Olga: On the one hand my participation in the national selection "Eurowisza 2016" is the next challenge for me.. On the other hand l clearly realize that I am an unknown singer for most of Polish audience. But I think my participation is a great possibility to become a part of the Polish Nation. I have Polish roots . My parents arePolish by their nationality. So, believe  me, I am rather excited. At least I would like to be a little bit loved by the Polish audience.

How do you prepare yourself for the show? 
Olga: To be short , my preparation for the show are daily rehearsals and a lot of organizational issues from costumes to visas and so on.. So I do all these things and I am doing them now!

Are you a Eurovision fan? 
Olga: Yes, I am a Eurovision fan! I watch this competition every year and I enjoy this gorgeous show every year.

Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what is your favorite from Polish history?
Olga: My favorite Eurovision songs are "Only Teardrops" by Emmelie de Forest and "Euphoria" from Loreen . My polish favorite songs is "In the name of love" by Monica Kuszynska.
What is your first Eurovision memory?
Olga: My first Eurovision memory is the enchanting victory of Lordi in 2006. I was thirteen that year and I was shocked. It's all I can remember. haha..

What are your plans for 2016 beside the Polish national selection, are you working on a album?
Olga: Of course, I have some plans for 2016. First of all, I am planning to promote my solo project. I started working on my first solo album with my producer Alex Sloutskiy. Also I'm planning to take part in the Russian competition "New Wave 2016". In the and of the year l plan to release a videoclip for my new song "Next To You"

What was the most excited moment in your life? 
Olga: You now, I'm too young ;-) and I think that the most excited moment in my life is waiting for me! I hope, it will be the victory in the Polish national selection :)

If people outside Poland never heared about you before – what should they know about you?
Olga: I am one the project of Napoli. My name is Olga Shimanskaya. I was born in Belarus but now I sing my song for Poland because of my Polish fans and because I have Polish roots. My parents are Polish and I am very proud of taking part in the Polish national selection!

Why should the Polish audience vote for your song to represent Poland at Eurovision 2016? 
Olga: You know, "My Universe" is quite good and kind song. But I think that the polish audience is not supposed  to vote for my song. Let win the best!

Do you have a message for “Join Us on Eurovision” readers and your fans? 
Olga: Dear friends! I really want people to be kinder to each other and then our Universe will be full of peace and kindness!

Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song in the Polish national selection and maybe we see us in Stockholm! 


Find out more about Napoli and follow here:

No comments:

Post a Comment