Friday, December 23, 2016

Ireland: Brendan Murray announced for Eurovision 2017!

Irish broadcaster announced a few days who will represent the country at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kiev. It's Brendan Murray! The announcement was done in The Late Late Show on RTE One last Friday.

Brendan's manager, Louis Walsh, called out for possbile songs till latest 16th January 2017 "Brendan is perfect for Eurovision, he has a distinctive voice and a look that I think will really appeal to audiences across Europe. I want to find the best song for Brendan to perform on that Eurovision stage. I’m going to use my own contacts in the business and I want to hear songs from Irish songwriters or songwriters abroad until I find the best song. I won’t rest until I do!" more details about the song submission can be found here. The winning song will be presented in The Late Late Show early 2017. 
Brendan Murray sung John Logan's winning song "Hold Me Now" with his guitar live in "The Late Late Show" on RTE One.

"I'm honoured and excited to be representing Ireland in Kyiv in the biggest music competition in the world. I'm really looking forward to it. I was born in 1996 the last time Ireland won, so I hope that will bring me luck! But most of all I'm really excited about finding a great song that I can take to the Eurovision stage and give it my all". said Brendan. 
Brendan Murray was part of the Irish boyband HomeTown. Their first single "Where I Belong" was the fastest selling single from an artist in 2014. Their second single "Cry For Help" reached also #1 in the Irish single charts. On 7th December they announced on Facebook that they will taking a break for a while for personal projects..



Ireland was represented by Nicky Byrne at the Eurovision Song Contest 2016 in Stockholm. His song "Sunlight" failed to qualify to the Eurovision final.


Brendan Murray is honoured to represent Ireland at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kiev. He will participate in one of the Semi-Finals on 9th or 11th May 2017.

Find out more about Brendan Murray and follow him:

No comments:

Post a Comment