Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Israel: Exclusive! Interview with Imri "My song is about my journey and how I never gave up trying to follow my dream"

After winning Rising Star 2017 in February Imri was set to represent Israel at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv. His song "I Feel Alive" was presented early March.
Shortly after releasing his Eurovision entry we spoke to Imri. Read our interview with him below to find out what he had to say..

Hello Imri, congratulations for winning “Rising Star 2017” in Israel!

How does it feel to represent Israel at the ESC 2017? Could you describe your first reaction as it was clear you won the competition?
Imri: I am very honored and grateful for this opportunity to represent my country, and I’m very excited about it!  The moment I realized that I’m going to represent my country was epic and it’s one of those moments that stay with you forever.
What should people outside Israel know if they never heard about you before? Could you introduce yourself a bit?
Imri: It’s my third time in the Eurovision. the last two years I was a backing singer for Nadav Guedj and Hovi Star so you can say I feel at home! I’m 25 years old from a city outside Tel Aviv and I’ve been singing and performing my whole life.
What is the message of "I Feel Alive"?
Imri: The song is about rising up to challenges and achieving one’s goals. basically it talks about my journey and how I never gave up trying to follow my dream.
Can you tell us something about the beginning of your career?
Imri: well I sang in many places when I was younger. I was in the school band and performed in many places around the world, I did voice over to animation movies too. but my big break was winning the “Kochav Haba”-rising star to the Eurovision .

What are you expecting in Kyiv, are you excited?

Imri: I’m very excited and thrilled. I’ve already been to the Eurovision but this time I guess it’s  going to feel like a whole new experience. I expect this year’s Eurovision to be nothing less but magical.

How will you prepare yourself for the show?
Imri: I prepare myself by doing a lot of rehearsals and taking vocal lessons as much as I can. I even sing my song while running on the treadmill.
Which are your favorite Eurovision songs and what are your all time favorites from Israel?
Imri: I loved the italian entry "Grand Amore" by IL Volo from 2015 ESC and teh Australian entry „Tonight Again“ by Guy Sebastian from Esc 2015.My favorite Israeli entries are "Golden Boy" by Nadav Guedj and “Hasheket shenishar” by Shiri Maymon
What are your first Eurovision memories?
Imri: I remember watching the winning of Dana International at the 1998 Eurovision. I was 7 and I remember watching it with my family and felt really proud.
What are your plans for 2017 besides being part of ESC 2017, are you working on a album?
Imri: Right now i’m focusing on the Eurovision Performance ‚ and after that I will start working on my first album. And perform in both Israel and Europe.
Why should Europe vote for you?
Imri: I think that the song is so much fun and makes you want to dance. I’m sure Europe will fall I love with it once they see it live on stage .
Do you have a message for “Join Us on Eurovision” readers and your fans?
Imri: Follow your dreams and don’t let anyone tell you it’s impossible to do what you really love doing. I want to thank each and everyone of my fans who are really supporting and it really means a lot to me. So thanks you!



Thank you so much for answer those questions. Good luck for you and your song and see you in Kyiv!

Support Imri and his music. Download his Eurovision entry "I Feel Alive" on iTunes or listen to it on Spotify:

For other possibilities check the stores in your country.

Imri will represent Israel at the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Kyiv. He will participate in the second semi-final on 11th May 2017 with the song "I Feel Alive".

Find out more about Imri Ziv and follow him:

No comments:

Post a Comment